Drink Water To Lose Weight
Many people want to lose weight, and they want to lose weight quickly. Well, first of all, you better have some reasonable expectations, because losing a lot of weight too fast can be unhealthy, as it puts unnecessary stress on the body. With that in mind, if you are looking to shed about 10% of your body weight, give yourself at least sixty days to do it in the right way.
TIPS FOR LOSING WEIGHT
Here are some top tips for losing weight without creating a whole new lifestyle.
1. Count Calories – You must burn at least 3,500 calories to lose one pound of fat. Therefore, in one week, you must eat 500 calories less per day than what is required to maintain your current weight, to lose one pound. Over a 90 day period (13 weeks), that equates to 13 pounds. Most people hate to count calories, but the fact is, it is a necessity for weight loss. Do yourself a favor and keep a journal of everything you eat every single day.
2. Before every meal you eat, drink a glass of water. This will have the effect of making you feel a little fuller before you start your meal.
3. Go for a walk every day. Not only does walking burn off some calories, it gives you time to yourself outside in the fresh air, and that is always a good thing.
4. Pump some iron – While lifting weights does not burn a ton of calories, it does build muscle. Increased muscle increases your metabolism, which helps you burn more calories. In other words, a pound of muscle requires more energy to maintain than a pound of fat.
5. Eat a big salad every day. No, salad is not a negative calorie food. That is just a dieting myth. However, if you eat a big salad every day, you will get a lot of the nutritional benefits of the vegetables and fruits you include in your salad, and if you eat it as part of a meal, you will feel fuller.
6. Eat a piece of chocolate instead of that big piece of chocolate cake or brownie. Let’s face it, we all still have those cravings for sweets now and then. In fact, for many of this, we get them on a daily basis. So, go ahead and indulge yourself, but be smart. Have one small piece of chocolate, or whatever sweet you crave, but avoid the big desserts.
7. Do your cardio workout in the morning. If you happen to be a morning person, do yourself a favor and do your cardio workout in the morning before you eat. Doing this will result in burning fat rather than burning up any of the food calories you have consumed during any meals you have already had. Also, it gets your metabolism going for the day.
8. Cut back on the alcohol and soda – alcohol and soda that isn’t sugar free are calorie monsters! They offer empty calories, those calories that have no nutritional benefit, and they offer A LOT of calories. Most alcoholic beverages contain 150 calories or more, and a 12 ounce can of non-diet soda will contain about 140 calories. Calories from beverages tend to add up more in the diet than other items.
9. Eat more slowly – the faster we eat, the more we tend to eat. With that in mind, take more time to chew your food, and don’t shovel it in one bite after another!
10. Eat a low carb, higher protein diet – large amounts of simple carbohydrates from foods processed with flour or added sugar can wreak havoc on the blood sugar and lead to weight gain. Therefore, avoid foods such as white bread, pasta and white rice and switch to whole grain breads and brown rice.
CONCLUSIONS – TIPS FOR LOSING WEIGHT
These are just a few tips to help you lose weight and should help you get started. If you combine some non-drastic changes to your diet with increased exercise, you are sure to lose weight, and probably more quickly than you imagined. Keep track of your caloric intake on a daily basis, be smart about your diet choices, and burn some calories by being more active. Within 90 days, you will have likely accomplished your initial weight loss goal!