Baxter Owens asked:
“Maybe you already use sunless tanning lotion and you like the effects but think that they could probably be enhanced a little bit. Or perhaps you’re just starting out with considering the use of sunless tanning lotion and you want to make sure that you do it right if you decide to use it. Either way, you can benefit from a few sunless tanning tips. These tips are designed to make the process of tanning with these kinds of products go more smoothly as well as to make the effects more desirable.
Here are some sunless tanning lotion tips that you may want to follow:
1. Figure out in advance if you’re going to need assistance. There are areas of your body that you can’t reach and can’t see correctly. You don’t want to poorly apply sunless tanning lotion to places like your back and then find out once you’re in public that it doesn’t look right. If you’re going to be doing this on your own, make sure that you have a lot of mirrors and that you have tools for accessing hard-to-reach areas. Paint brushes and mini paint rollers are commonly used tools for applying sunless tanning lotion. Otherwise, consider sunless tanning as a time when you get together with a best friend. You tan her back, she’ll tan yours.
2. Treat your legs well before using sunless tanning lotion products. This means that you should be regularly moisturizing your legs using a product designed for sensitive skin. (Hopefully you already do this, but if you don’t, now’s your chance to start indulging.) You should also make sure that you don’t do any shaving or waxing in the hours before the sunless tanning lotion is applied. The product is safe but skin can always get irritated if you’re overwhelming it with a variety of beauty treatments.
3. Exfoliate! This falls in somewhat the same category as the first tip but deserves its own spotlight because of how crucial it is to the sunless tanning lotion results. To get an even and natural-looking tan, you need to apply the product to the freshest skin possible. This means that you should get into the shower ahead of time and scrub those legs. But be gentle. Exfoliating is not the same as rubbing your skin raw. You should use a soft wash towel and a quality exfoliator and take time with the exfoliation process.
4. Watch your hands. Although sunless tanning lotion doesn’t normally leave that orange tint on your skin anymore, it can leave it on your hands if you’re applying the lotion without gloves. If you can’t stand the feel of gloves, wash your hands often throughout the process to prevent this problem.
5. Find a sunless tanning outfit. Yes, this sounds silly. So why do it? Because you’re going to want to make sure that you’re applying the sunless tanning lotion to the same spots every time you use it. Different outfits leave different areas of the body bare. Of course, you could just go au natural if you’re doing an all-over tan with the sunless tanning lotion.
Sunless tanning lotion is easy to use. However, you might want to solicit the assistance of a trusted friend to make it all go more smoothly. Treat your body right and take the time to do the tanning in a professional manner and you’ll come out looking like it was done at a professional salon.”
Top Five Sunless Tanning Lotion Tips